Prep. Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Yield 6 servings
• 1 ½ lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
• 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
• 34 ounces water (about 1 liter)
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp garlic
• ½ tsp ground black pepper
• 1 cup onion, minced
• 4 pieces hard boiled eggs
• 1 cup scallions (green onions), minced
• 2 knobs ginger, julienned
• 3 tbsp safflower(kasubha)
• 1 piece chicken cube (bouillon)
• 1 piece lemon or 4 pieces calamansi
• 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a pot, heat the cooking oil then saute the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Dash-in some ground black pepper.
- Add the chicken cube and cook until the cube melts.
- Put-in the chicken and cook until outer layer color turns golden brown
- Add the fish sauce and uncooked rice then mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally and simmer until the rice is fully cooked (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Put-in the hard boiled eggs.
- Add the safflower for additional color and aroma.
- Serve hot with garlic, minced scallions, and lemon. Share and Enjoy!