Prep. Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Yield 3 servings
• 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• ⅓ cup Sherry cooking wine
• ½ cup light soy sauce (Kikkoman)
• 2 tbsp oyster sauce
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 4 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 small yellow onion, sliced
• 1 tbsp minced ginger
• 2 tsp cornstarch
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Combine the ginger, brown sugar, corn starch, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the soy sauce and Sherry cooking wine. Stir.
- Arrange the beef in a bowl. Pour half of the soy sauce mixture on the flank beef. Mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, pan fry both sides of the marinated beef for 30 secs to 1 minute per side. Remove the pan fried beef and place it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion and broccoli. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the pan-fried beef. Continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining soy sauce mixture. Stir an cook for 1 minute.
- Add the oyster sauce. Stir and cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!