Prep. Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 1 lb. calamari rings, soaked in milk for 3 hours
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Tomato ketchup (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, and parsley flakes. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or a deep cooking pot.
- Drain the milk of the calamari. Dredge the calamari rings one-at-a-time on the flour mixture. Make sure that the calamari ring is completely coated with the mixture.
- Deep fry the coated calamari rings on hot oil for 2 minutes or until the calamari turns light brown.
- Strain the calamari from the wok or cooking pot using a skimmer or strainer. Let the excess oil drip.
- Transfer the fried calamari in a serving plate.
- Serve with lemon wedges, ketchup and mayonnaise on the side.
- Share and enjoy!