Prep. Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hr. 10 min.
Yield 4 servings
• 2 cups cooked, flaked chicken meat
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cups diced potatoes, cooked
• 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
• 2 tsp curry powder (optional)
• 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
• 1⁄2 tsp. powdered pepper
• 2 cups flour
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 6 tbsp water, cold
• 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
• 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Saute onion, add all ingredients except milk. cook for 5 minutes, add milk and cook for another 3 minutes. Cool. Then use this filling to fill in dough.
- Mix sugar, salt and flour. Cut in butter using a blender or 2 knives until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle water and mix well with hand to form a ball. Knead lightly.
- Sprinkle flour on a board and roll out dough into 1/4 thick.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten it fully while creating a round shape.
- Cut using a round cutter (a medium sized saucer can be used if there is no molder. Place saucer up-side down on dough and cut with a knife).
- Then, fill each cut dough with 2 Tbsp. of sauteed fillings. Fold dough to form a half moon, press one end to the other.
- Brush with egg yolk or milk. Arranged on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven about 350°F until the crust is golden brown. surface. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!