Prep. Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lbs elbow macaroni
- 1 lbs chicken
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- ¾ cup minced carrots
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon salt and then put-in the chicken. Boil the chicken for 25 minutes. Drain the water and let the chicken cool.
- Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and then set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice from the canned tidbits, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well and then taste. Adjust the taste as necessary.
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots, macaroni, raisins, and pineapple tidbits in the mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add the cheese. Gently toss. Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!