Prep. Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 70 minutes
Total Time 1 hr. 35 min.
Yield 8 servings
- 1 pack (3.5 oz or 100g) dried taro leaves
- 6 cups (3 cans) coconut milk
- 2 cups (1 can) coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp paste (bagoong or balaw)
- 1⁄2 lb. pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- 5 to 7 pieces red chilies
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine the coconut milk, pork, ginger, shrimp paste, ginger, onion, and garlic in a cooking pot. Heat the pot and let it boil.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, gently stir to mix the ingredients. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to stir once in a while to prevent the ingredients from sticking at the bottom of the cooking pot.
- Add the dried taro leaves. Do not stir. Let it stay until the leaves absorb the coconut milk. This takes about 20 to 30 minutes. you can gently push the leaves down so that it can absorb more coconut milk.
- Once the leaves absorb the coconut milk, stir the leaves and then continue to cook for to 10 minutes.
- Add the red chilies. Stir. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!