Prep. Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 3 hrs 20 min
Yield 6 servings
- 2 lb. chicken , cut into serving pieces
- 12 ounces pineapple chunks, canned
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 medium sized carrot, wedged
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- ½ cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice/concentrate (derived from the can of pineapple chunks) for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot / casserole then apply heat
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Put-in the chicken and cook until color of the outer part turns light brown.
- Add the pineapple juice/concentrate marinade and fresh milk then bring to a boil.
- Add the pineapple chunks and simmer until the chicken is tender and half of the liquid evaporates (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Put-in the carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and fish sauce then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the cooking pot / casserole and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!