Prep. Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 pc. coconut grated
- 1 kilo cassava grated squeezed dry
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup pinipig toasted combined with
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- Combine brown sugar and 1 cup of the grated coconut and cassava.
- Put approximately 3/4 cup of the cassava mixture in the coconut shell and cover with aluminum foil.
- Steam for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Unmold to a serving dish and cover with foil while making the rest of the puto.
- Add the water to the remaining grated coconut and extract the coconut milk.
- Combine Condensada and coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Pour mixture on top of the puto. Sprinkle pinipig-coconut mixture on top.
- Serve warm.