Prep. Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Yield 5 servings
• Meat and top shell of 5 pieces steamed crabs
• 1 medium potato diced
• 1 medium carrot diced
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1 medium onion, minced
• 1 piece long green chili (siling pansigang), chopped
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 3 teaspoons dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil for sauteeing
• 2 pieces raw eggs
• 1 cup cooking oil for frying
- Heat pan and pour-in 2 tablespoons of coooking oil.
- Saute onion and tomatoes. Add potato and carrot. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the long green chili and crabmeat (you may include the juice of the crab for additional flavor). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add parsely, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir. Turn off the heat and place in a large bowl.
- Once the temparature cools down, combine the cooked mixture with breadcrumbs and eggs. Mix well. Stuff each crab shell with the mixture.
- Heat a pan and pour-in 1 cup of oil. When the oil becomes hot, fry the stuffed crab shells. The part with the stuffing should be facing up. Gently scoop the hot oil using a spoon and pour the oil on the stuffings. This will slowly cook the stuffing.
- Flip the crab shell and fry the side with stuffing in medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.